<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 27, 2008

One heck of a weekend, part 2!  

So the reason we were down on 6th street was to go the Alamo Draft house, the coolest theatre in the world.  They show vintage trailers before the movies and you can order dinner during the movie.  It has a definite sense of style.  We went to see a Master Pancake Theatre presentation of 'Planet of the Apes', it's like MST3K, but live, for those of you that know what that means.  There were some guys down on the bottom that had a script making fun of the movie, Charlton Heston, in particular.  "Even when I swim, i'm acting 'so hard'."  "Don't make me use my white-man Karate on you."  "Unnecesary zooooom!"  Hilarious.

Then we went home and slept until noon.  

We lent Andy the car because he was going to do some tours of the city and it was storming up a...well...a storm.  We just stayed home and rested.  Then we went out to Salt Lick, the best BBQ in the world, for dinner and had a heck of a lot of beef brisket.  Then we came home and walked around a bookstore for a while and then got some Amy's Ice Cream, the best Ice Cream in the world, for dessert.  

Like I said, a busy weekend.  I'll keep you all appraised during the week.  GTA 4 comes out.  I'm so excited!  

-N
Comments:
Man, when I come visit can we do all that stuff again? It sounds like a blast! The bats are seasonal, I take it?
You know what else is fun? Not studying. It is awesome to be done with studying. I may make it a long term thing, in fact.
-S
 
Yeah, they're seasonal, but the season is all summer, so it's a pretty big window. The best of the 'wildflower center' is, well, now. But there's always stuff to do in Austin.

I'm with you. No studying is awesome.

-N
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?